Volunteering at a local or national level is a great way to give back to Sigma Kappa!
Once you have updated your Volunteer Interest Form below, you will receive a confirmation email within one to three days from Daina Knoblock, alumnae engagement manager. The confirmation email will include a pre-screen form. The pre-screen form is where you will indicate your specific interest for roles, share more about yourself and why you’re interested, and identify your preferences for scheduling interviews. The information will be shared with members of the personnel committee and interview team.
You’ve applied, now what?
- All applications will be reviewed by Sigma Kappa’s newly appointed Personnel Committee. This committee of Human Resources, hiring and non-profit professionals will review all applications and set-up interviews for all qualified candidates.
- Interviews will take place for four weeks following the application deadlines. Each interview will have two members of the personnel committee and at least one subject matter expert from the team (i.e. communication, alumnae, etc.) and should last 20-30 minutes.
- If you are interested in applying for more than one position (which is great!), you will only need to participate in ONE interview. It will be recorded and can be reviewed by the Personnel Committee to appoint multiple roles, teams, etc.
- Director roles will be interviewed first, followed by coordinators and ABSs/ advisory councils
- If a member is not selected for a director position, they can be considered for a coordinator/ABS/advisory council and not need to interview again.
- After interviews have been completed for each segment of volunteers (directors, coordinators, ABS/advisory councils), the personnel committee will meet, review and send their recommendations to national council.
- National council will review the recommendations, vote on the appointments and then applicants will be notified.
- The goal is for ALL nationally appointed volunteers will be appointed by January 1, 2022.
We are so excited to roll-out this new process to our members! If you have any questions, contact Daina Knoblock, alumnae engagement manager.